Thursday, September 23, 2010

Amelie



I can.... without a doubt, definitely say that Amelie is my all time favourite movie.
It appealed to me and touched the deepest parts of my soul and heart when I first saw it.  I came away from the movie theatre all light headed, happy and full of hope.
It's uniqueness, sweetness & beautiful story of love on all different levels just filled every inch of my heart... and I completely fell head over heels for Amelie... she is the most adorable screen character I've ever had the pleasure of watching!  And the quirkiness of the animation thrown in here and there is pure delight... like getting little presents thrown at you from time to time.  Not to mention the pure comedy of so much of it... it's just pure brilliance in my mind!!


I related to her so much... because I'm definitely a person that does... and must... spend a lot of my time alone. It's like my alone time is what keeps me sane...what recharges me... what keeps me going to get through life in tact & happy.  My time alone is crucial for me not to completely freak out from over arousal and stress/anxiety.


But yet... even though I must have that time alone... on the other end of the spectrum in the times I do not wish to be alone... I simply must have & always need love in my life... on all different levels!  I'm very lucky that I do already have so much of that!  But I'm still always searching for love through other means... the kind of love we don't normally think about or see... the love for our fellow man.  Just as Amelie is searching for & creating the very same thing. 
If by some chance... you've not seen this movie... then please.. please...please.. I implore you to watch it!!
I really do think it will change you on some level.... I know it did me.


And don't be turned off that that's it's a foreign film... in fact it's frenchness is what actually makes it even more special... in fact... I just couldn't imagine the characters speaking english and would never ever want them to!



Hopefully this video below will give you a positive taste of it's beauty... so much so that you'll be tempted to watch.

And for those reading this that have already seen it (and I know there's a lot)... do you love it just as much as I?

Maybe share some of your favourite moments or reasons why you love it too? I'd love to hear all about it!  I'd love to chat about this movie without a doubt.

Actually... just writing this has made me want to watch it again for over the 10th time! I think tonight after dinner & Kane's in bed.... instead of internet and work.. I think I may just be treating myself to Amelie... hot Milo... and popcorn.... time will tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment