Sunday, October 10, 2010

Doodle Pip

"How cool would it be to unite the world through drawings." - Warren

I was contacted by Warren from Washington via twitter who has a wonderful blog called 'The Doodle Daily'. He kicked off a blog challenge to the world to attempt to get 1,000,000 doodles from all over the world with the end result helping charities.  It appealed to me so I sent my following ink doodles through.

In case you have your own pre conceived idea of what doodles are... I just wanted to give you my definition of a doodle. I class doodles as drawings that start from nothing and grow into something.  I never plan or do sketches or greylead outlines... I just take an ink pen and see where it takes me! I love doodling and it's something i do all the time.   All these were done without a plan in mind... I usually start with a shape or perhaps a thought and see where it takes me. My most favourite doodles are the one's that can last on and off for days! (like the 3rd one did) The one's where I completely get lost in the moment... like I'm in the middle of a doodle meditation.  Doodle's for me are the most relaxing thing in the world for me!!


See mine as well as everyon'e else's doodles entered so far here: http://tjomies.com/blog/?page_id=4380





Why don't you join in on the fun?

It can even be a squiggle you did while reading this blog post :)

Here's where you find all the details!

1 comment: