Thursday, October 21, 2010

Best Photo I've Ever Taken

About 8 months after Kane was born my lovely friend Melissa got me a job at the Kodak store she worked at.

It was there that the notion of buying a digital SLR Camera struck me and stuck with me.  I got so excited by the thought of a camera that my lovely Mr helped me buy one.  I arranged it through the Canon rep so got it at a good price.

I was a complete novice.... I'd only ever tinkered with my Dad's old film SLR Canon Camera and had no idea what I was doing. So of course... I kept it on auto settings (I kept telling myself I'd read the giant manual tomorrow!!)

Into the 2nd week of being a fancy camera owner.. I was looking for any and all reasons to take photo's.  So I followed the boys to the local skate bowl.  And it was while watching my son through the lense as he walked about the park (with no idea I was watching him), that my one and only photo miracle occurred...

I'm still actually a little stunned by the shot. I remember on the day, when I saw him lean on the fence through the viewfinder .... I just could not believe my eyes! And then to see the actual photograph that was all lovely and in focus just gave me a thrill of a whole 'nother kind!

So here it is... my most favourite photograph I've taken (as a complete amateur).

I really think it's a one in a million moment captured. One that I am so very very thankful for! 

Our truly beautiful boy with a beautiful soul to match.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing! I think you should have it blown up and framed...it is beautiful capturing images that are spontaneous and not planned, I think they make for the best images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Katyha... I completely agree. I never get people to pose or smile for me... cause I just adore natural shots. Thanks for coming to have a look and especially for leaving a comment.. means a lot! ♥

    ReplyDelete